As 2015 comes to an end, we are remembering all of the fun our residents had this year. We love planning events to spoil our residents, and would like to share some of our favorite moments.
There is a lot to love about the Apartments at CityCenter. We have picked our top five reasons.
Here they are:
1. The location: Our slogan is “You Are Where You Live,” and it’s so true. You are close to work, fun and home thanks to the convenience of our location. You are in the heart of Washington D.C. and part of the 10-acre CityCenterDC neighborhood. Dining, entertainment, culture and transportation are all close at hand.
2. The service: Our 24-hour concierges provide the service of a luxury hotel. Some things we provide include directions, taxi requests, valet dry cleaning services, discounted tickets and help with restaurant reservations. We also provide “home away from home services” for when you are away. We will hold your mail, water your plants and even feed your cat.
3. Our apartments: Each of our apartments is a showcase of contemporary architecture. We offer 48 unique floor plans from studios up to 3-bedrooms. Just some of the special touches include stainless steel appliances, quartz countertops, floor-to-ceiling windows, bamboo flooring and a full-size washer/dryer in each residence.
4. Building amenities: From our 3,200 square foot two-story fitness center, the CenterClub, to the 5th-floor HydroClub next to the pool, we love the public areas in the Apartments at CityCenter. The ConnectionsCafe and the business center are there if you are working at home, and The Roof with its grills, tables and bocce ball court are there for play.
5. CityCenterDC deserves a category of its own with its 2.5-million square feet of shops, restaurants, public spaces, offices, apartments and condos. Add to that events like our seasonal Farmers’ Market and Holiday Tree Lighting and you’ll realize there is something for everyone!
Grace is a boxer/lab mix that joined The Apartments at CityCenter last November. As a puppy she was found malnourished and weighing only 20 pounds. Thankfully she was adopted from The Washington Animal Rescue League. Now she’s over a year old, happy, healthy and enjoying life. Grace loves destroying tennis balls, eating peanut butter, and looking out the window. Her favorite greeting is to stand straight up for a full body hug — she can stretch up over 5 feet!
She enjoys going on long off-leash hikes, swimming and meeting other pups!
Welcome Grace to The Apartments at CityCenter!
July’s “Paw-Parazzi winner is Titty Tat! Not only does this cat have the coolest name, he knows how to stay cool in the dog days of summer! If you want us to shout- out why your furry friend is one of a kind submit your funny and adorable pictures of your pet to us. All “August’s Paw-Parazzi Winner” entries can be submitted to TaccConcierge@bozzuto.com and let us know why your pet’s a star!
Warm weather and fantastic views are both great reasons to head to the roof of The Apartments at CityCenter – and our free rooftop bocce court is a great way to enjoy yourself once you’re there!
Have you ever played bocce? Just imagine a game almost anyone can play that combines the best of skee-ball, bowling, and shuffleboard.
According to the U.S. Bocce Federation, “bocce is a competitive and precision sport aimed at rolling or throwing balls down a long, rectangular court with the goal of trying to rest your ball(s) closer to the target ball (pallino) than your opponent’s ball.”
You can find a set of bocce balls at most variety or sports stores, or online, for a minimal investment. Try a game next time you decide to grill up a meal and we’ll bet you’ll become hooked on this international pastime!
Karbon, our newest member of our PAW-PARAZZI, is not your average city canine. In fact, Karbon sent in his own profile for The Apartments at CityCenter’s pet of the month club. From the pup’s mouth:
“Ruff ruff! I’m the new standard poodle at City Center. I love it here – especially the great concierge service that stands ready to provide a treat or warm smile, and the sky bark with an elevator to the top just for me. I spent my first eight years in Loudoun County, which is a great place to grow up, but there’s nothing like the city. See you around the block. “
We’re happy to have you here, Karbon, as well as your “roommates” the Mayos!
Living in the center of the city at the Apartments at CityCenter, getting around town is easy. So much is in walking distance, including metro stations that can get you into the suburbs in minutes.
But for those times when you need wheels, car sharing is an option that not only saves you money but also helps to save our planet. Consider these benefits:
- Save money on gas, parking, car maintenance and registration fees
- Access to a variety of vehicles to fit your needs at the moment
- Fewer cars on the road lead to less air pollution
At the Apartments at CityCenter, we make it easy to care for our planet. In fact, residents can take advantage of a special offer through our Privilege Card Program for car sharing and enjoy $30 in free driving from Zipcar.
REMEMBER: share your environmental tips with a photo on Twitter or Instagram for a chance at $1,000 and a new bicycle from @Bozzuto! Use the hashtag #BeTheGreen. The winning post will be randomly selected on April 30th. Good luck!
Rigby was only a one-year-old puppy when Eleanor was adopted from the Humane Society. Just a kitten herself, she took to Rigby on their first meeting and began to express her love by grooming the pup. Four years later she continues this loving tradition!
But these two aren’t always about the cuddles: when an epic game of tag breaks out you’ll be wise to stay out of their way! This dynamic duo has made their way into our hearts and we couldn’t be happier they found a home at The Apartments at CityCenter.
Should your pet be one of our PAW-PARAZZI? Let us know in an email to TACCconcierge@Bozzuto.com with a photo and “My Pet’s a Star” in the subject line.
Many of you know her smiling face, but how much do you know about Sanovia Gross? Here is some scoop on this Concierge and the reality is… it’s all good news.
While at Bozzuto, she wondered who would be the lucky ones to work at the brand new Apartments at CityCenter. She still pinches herself as she comes to work each day. The hard working assistant to the Director of Resident Services considers herself the “House Mother” for the property. She selected the 3pm to 11pm shift to get the most contact with you, the residents. Her personal mission is to make sure you are comfortable.
Foodie: Sanovia confesses to love trying new foods and is enjoying all the restaurant options in the area. Need a recommendation for some new cuisine? Just ask.
Fitness: She loves getting in a run outside in nature, and recently discovered a passion for Pilates.
Pet lover: She is considered the resident “dog whisperer” and loves meeting all our furry residents. In fact, Sanovia organizes our PAW-PARAZZI – spotlighting a pet each month. On her own time, she volunteers at Coolidge Animal Hospital when she’s not at home, picking up the socks that her cat, Shadow, has left strewn across her home!
What does she want you to know? Positivity is truly her way of life. She feels blessed and wants to share that happiness. She really is happy all the time!
Few sounds can compare to the dulcet tones of the harp. At once elegant and calming, soothing and playful, it will be the perfect accompaniment to our Spring Soiree on March 25 at 7:00 pm.
The Apartments at CityCenter are lucky to have enlisted local talent Kristen Jepperson to provide the entertainment on the instrument and vocals for the evening! Her repertoire extends from classical music to ballads, from show tunes to pop classics. Currently the harpist at High Tea at DC’s historic Willard Intercontinental Hotel, she has also played on the Kennedy Center Millennial Stage, and has toured nationally with the New Christy Minstrels and shared the stage with the likes of Ray Charles, Shirley Jones and Tony Bennett. http://www.dc-harpist.com/Home_Page.html
As part of the Spring Soiree that includes atmosphere/lighting from Brian Bronlowe and catering from Crystal City Caterers – including a special Cherry Blossom Punch cocktail – be sure to come early. You won’t want to miss a minute – or a single note.